A few people asked for the recipe following our Instagram post of these cookies, so here it is! A delicious recipe for delicately salted tahini and flaxseeds cookies, inspired by David Lebovitz's website. Of course, all gluten free and dairy free. Best accompanied with a warm cup of herbal tea!
- 115g Coconut oil (firm)
- 1/2 cup tahini (well stirred)
- 50g coconut sugar (+ extra if you prefer a slightly sweeter batter)
- 1 cup + 2 teaspoons /150g Gluten free flour mix (Dove's farm)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 tablespoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chunks
- Flaky sea salt (I use Fleur de Sel)
- Beat the coconut oil, tahini, sugar together until fluffy
- Add the egg, yolk and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and sea salt. Add to the batter until just combined, then add the chocolate chips
- Cover the dough and refrigerate overnight
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place small rounds of the dough on the sheets, evenly spread out to allow for them to expand while they bake.
- Bake the cookies, turning the baking sheet in the oven midway through baking, until the cookies are golden around the edges (approximately 12-15 minutes). Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the flaky sea salt. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before serving, and enjoy!