Hi there! After seeing those beautiful red cabbages form Wholefoods today we sought to include them in an easy, fresh summer meal for you :)
This recipe is adapted from www.riverford.co.uk (we love you guys!); Serving 3-4 people, it only takes 10mins!
- 1 tbsp honey
- Juice from 1 small lemon
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 large red cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 1/2 large red onion
- 2 tbsp parsley
- seeds from 1 whole pomegranate
- 1/2 cup Whole almonds
- Make the dressing by whisking together the lemon juice, honey, mustard and olive oil together in a large bowl
- Chop the almonds in smaller chunks, and grill lightly on a pan (no oil needed) until slightly crispy and golden
- Rince vegetables thoroughly
- Remove the cabbage's core and thick exterior leaves, and finely shred the leaves
- Peel the carrot; cut into very fine matchsticks
- Peel, then chop the onion in very fine slices
- Finely chop the parsley
- Add all ingredients to the bowl (including 3/4 of the pomegranate seeds), and gently toss together. Season to taste, and sprinkle over the remaining pomegranate seeds to serve.
There we go, a super healthy and colourful meal, perfect for light lunches or dinner starters.
If you have any suggestions for our next recipe, or comments send us a quick email :) we'd love to hear your feedback!