SUPER FUDGEY, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Tray Bake Brownie
(with Aubergine instead of butter!)
Using Aubergine instead of butter, this GATO recipe was inspired by our gooey, velvety chocolate fondants (our first product that launched in Selfridges in 2017!). As with everything we bake, these are vegan, gluten free and 100% natural! The recipe is simple, quick, and so delicious- we’re obsessed! Let us know how you get on!
50g peanut butter
150g chocolate (we prefer it dark!)
25g cacao powder
30g ground almonds
80g agave (or feel free to use what you have in your cupboard! No big deal)
1 heaped tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
For extra yumminess:
+ sprinkle with chopped roasted peanuts
1 medium-size baking tray or dish (15x25cm), or 2 small ones
Hand mixer (to beat the aquafaba)
1 food processor
- Wash & chop the aubergines in dice (no need to peel) > steam until cooked > blitz in food processor until you get a smooth puree
- Melt the chocolate, and mix in the aubergine puree + all the other ingredients except the aquafaba
- Drain the aquafaba from a tin of chickpeas, add the cream of tartar and whip until white and fluffy (like whipped egg whites, but softer!) à Delicately mix into the main mix
- Pour into a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake in the oven (pre-heated at 180C) for about 20-25 minutes (or 15 min for 2 small trays). Dipped in, the tip of a knife must come off still rather wet!
- Remove from the oven
- Drizzle with peanut butter + chop some peanuts, roast them in the oven for a couple of minutes and sprinkle them on top.
Tuck in while still hot!!